December flew by, but it was filled with many fun activities. We started out the month with decorating the Christmas tree. I love getting all the decorations out right after Thanksgiving, ( Thanksgiving night actually) I just figure I might as well get them up and get use out of them since it is only for a month. This year it was Rylie's turn to put the star on the tree. It is one thing the kids don't fight about because they know every year whose turn it is and that there is no point in fighting over it. After all Christmas decorations were up , we all had a fun trip to the Zoo we love looking at Zoolights. This year I really didn't get pictures because our camera was on it's last leg. We also went to Temple lights this month, it is always so peaceful there. The kids found Nativity sets and were so excited when they found one from London, England, that is were their Grandma and Grandpa Scottie are and they miss them so much. So it was fun to take pictures with the Nativity. The older three and I went with their Grandparents to go see a children's play " Winnie the Pooh Christmas" it was great the girls loved meeting the characters afterwards, Cooper not so much he was a little afraid. Maizie , Madilyn and Cooper all had Holiday parties at school, with the girls I went and volunteered and it was a blast. In Madie's class they made gingerbread houses and there was candy galore. The kids were so excited to make them, half the time they just spent eating the candy , but it was a fun time. In Maizie's class it was a SNOW theme, the kids actually got to put shaving cream all over the place and just play with it. All I could think about is holy cow this is a huge mess. But her teacher is so wonderful that she just let them have fun. Cooper had a "Polar Express" theme and they actually were able to go to the train park, wear their PJ's and have a fun little trip on the train. The kids all love school so much I was worried about how they would feel about break. But it ended up being just that, a nice little break. A few days before Christmas we were able to go ice skating with the family. It was so much fun. It was Lillie's first time so I just had to take as many pictures as I could, she had the smallest size skates they make and she loved it. Of course Cooper is hysterical on the ice, I think every time I looked over at him I would crack up. The older girls REALLY would love to be ice skaters, they sure tried to pretend they were. Then we had CHRISTMAS. What a perfect day , so nice and relaxing. Aunt Kristy was here and it was so nice to have her with us. We spent Christmas hanging out the kids grandparents came over and we just enjoyed ourselves. The big Christmas surprise was that I actually made a turkey. Yep a whole 23lb turkey, I am still shocked I did it and didn't hurt anyone. I am so grateful for this time of year, I love the togetherness feeling that I feel throughout the month. It has been a very crazy year I look forward to what 09' may bring.
The 3 Bears
4 years ago




2 comments:
How fun!! I love ice skating, I haven't been in forever. I want to go to the new rink.. but dang it is expensive. Anyways, kudos to you for making a turkey!!
Way to get back in that turkey-cookin' saddle!
Post a Comment