With the sun out and a little more time on our hands than normal, we decided to take the kids camping. Our destination - Lake Roosevelt. We wanted to get out of the valley, but not drive too far, so the hour and a half trip through the mountains and to the lake met both goals. After setting up camp and having foil dinners, we sat around the campfire and made s'mores. We were all having a great time and couldn't believe how inexpensive and fun our family outing was. Well, after a long cold night in the low 40's with one kid after another proclaiming that they were cold (except for Cooper who lodged himself at the bottom of his sleeping bag), we came to realize why we were the only family tent camping the first weekend of March in Arizona. The morning finally came, and we had hot chocolate and breakfast while watching the sun rise over the mountains. Later that day, we went on a few walks along the lake and took advantage of the play area. Despite the rough night, we all had a great time and look forward to adventuring out to other areas once the weather warms up a little bit.
The 3 Bears
4 years ago




3 comments:
You actually went at a perfect time for camping at roosevelt...it gets way too hot pretty soon.
Good For YOU!!! I am so glad that you guys did that! You deserve it! It is always nice to get away and just enjoy each other. Madie looks so much older and I love the picture of Maizie on the swing. Looks like everyone had fun! I miss you!!!
So, I just looked at the pictures again, and I just wanted to say that you have five really cute kiddos. They all have such beautiful smiles and you can tell that they all love each other so much (even though I'm sure it doesn't seem like it sometimes!) :) Call me sometime!
Post a Comment